Are crooked teeth a problem?
While many patients see crooked teeth as mostly a cosmetic concern, they can actually cause problems for your oral health — from periodontal disease to uneven wear on your teeth. At Chugach Dental, we can help you fix crooked teeth and the dental problems that they cause.
Should I see a dentist about my crooked teeth?
For many people, the appearance of their crooked teeth is enough of a reason for them to seek treatment. In these instances, treatment is a personal decision. But when health concerns such as periodontal disease develop as a result of crooked teeth, seeking a dentist is important.
If you are experiencing health concerns due to crooked teeth, don’t worry. Dr. Jensen will help determine if your crooked teeth are causing problems for your health. He will lay out your options and together you’ll determine the best course of treatment for your particular situation.
What causes crooked teeth?
Crooked teeth are caused my a number of factors, including:
- Genetics, jaw size and teeth alignment are often inherited from parents
- Childhood habits such as thumb sucking, tongue-thrusting, and extended pacifier use
- Early loss of baby teeth, causing emerging adult teeth to set in the wrong positions
- Trauma or injuries to your face and jaw can create crooked teeth
What problems do crooked teeth cause?
- Periodontal disease & tooth decay: When teeth are crooked, they can be difficult to adequately clean at home, leading to tooth decay and gum disease.
- Teeth wear: Misaligned teeth often lead to excessive and uneven wear on your enamel. This can lead to cracked teeth, TMD or jaw pain, and headaches.
- Digestive issues: Since misaligned and crooked teeth can cause chewing issues, they can lead to digestive issues.
Payment and Insurance
We do not accept Medicaid or Medicare insurance.
Have a question about how much the dental services you need will cost with insurance? Call our Anchorage dentist office today at (907) 868-3000.
No insurance? No problem.
Chugach dental offers a variety of payment options, including 0% interest from CareCredit. You may also be interested in our Healthy Smile Club which starts at $52.52/month ($49.04 for kids 12 and under) and includes cleanings, exams, discounts on treatments, and a whole lot more.
If you don’t have dental insurance, don’t worry. We’re here to help.
Our Anchorage Dental Office
New to Chugach Dental? Learn more about our new patient experience and download forms to save time at your appointment.
Walk-ins are always welcome.
We’re here to help you.
Worried about your oral health? Get the care you need. Schedule an appointment today